Thursday, July 15, 2010

Meet Our Teams

Today we wanted to introduce you to our teams and let you hear from them on what their hopes and prayers are for the trip. As you pray, we would love to ask that you pray by name for these friends.

Trip Leaders (will be with both teams for the duration of the trip):
Tim Coblentz
Wes Butler
Jessica Ridout

Team 1:
Lauren Lawson, Laura Smith, Chris Wells, Kevin Gober, Scott Eckstein, Amit Nihalani, Bryan Jackson, Charran James, Julie Neis, Katrina Preston, Kelly Fillingim, Lee Batson, Shawn McClure, Erin Gauglitz, Shawna Blake, Lisa Kelsey, Morgan Blaik

Team 2:
Lauren Lawson, Laura Smith, Mo Sadjadpour, Allen Hankins, Andrew Johnson, Trac Cook, Joel Sherman, Erica Penick, Lindsey Lauderdale, Shara Michalka, Erin Donner, Angie Denton, Claressa Norrell, Elizabeth Johnson, Allison Albani, Erin Patrick, Vicky Nguyen

Here are some of the hopes and prayers of our team as we get ready to travel and serve the people of Ethiopia.


That I would personally get to see at least 30 people come to know Christ.
That I would experience God’s presence in an awe-inspiring way like never before.
That I would grow in boldness in sharing my faith.
- Kelly Fillingim

My hope and prayer is that I can trust the Lord to comfort my family in the midst of some difficult times leading up to this trip and that He would draw them near to Him. That the Lord would remove my family's anxiety about me being gone and show them that He is in control of my life and has His hand on me. I hope and pray the words of Acts 2:42-47 and Matthew 9:37-38 for our trip, knowing that God can save souls right here in Dallas and Ethiopia at the same time.
- Erin Donner

My prayers for this trip are that the travel goes smoothly, that our team stays healthy during and after the trip, that we would be able to clearly and lovingly show the people of Asela the love and story of Christ, that God will bless the translators and their families who sacrifice their lives daily for Christ, and that our friends and family back home will come to know Christ by seeing how passionate and adamant we are about Him and spreading His word. It's hard to believe this trip is finally here after beginning to prepare for it way back in November! We have such an amazing team and it's been a blessing to form friendships with everyone. I'm thrilled for us to get to work alongside one another in Ethiopia. God is so faithful and good.
- Morgan Blaik

I pray to learn from the Ethiopian believers who have forsaken everything to follow Christ and make Him known! I pray for fertile soil: for our presentation of the Gospel to be clear, for the Ethiopians to have open ears to hear the Good News, that they will fully understand what Christ has done for them on the cross, and for them to receive our precious Savior!
- Lauren Lawson

My prayers are for the people we will encounter who will sacrifice everything, including their own relationships with their families, to come to a saving knowledge of Christ. I can't imagine what that must take and I am so thankful that the majority of my family knows Christ and supports me in this trip but my heart breaks for the many people have accepted Christ and are literally disowned from their family, as Jesus indicates will happen in Luke 12:52-53, both in nations abroad and even here in the Bible belt. I pray that they would stand firm and be surrounded by a family of believers.
- Lee Batson

My hope is that God will use me to further His kingdom on Earth both in Ethiopia and back home. I am simply a sinner to whom God has chosen to reveal Himself and I can claim nothing but the cross and Him crucified on my behalf. My prayer is that the message of the gospel will tear down enemy strongholds and be a light in the darkness. Thank you Lord for an opportunity to see You work among the nations. "Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." Ps 63:3.
- Bryan Jackson

Prayer Requests for Us
• For discernment and guidance as God leads us on this exciting opportunity (Proverbs 3:5-6).
• For unity among our Watermark team (Ephesians 4:1-6, Romans 15:5-6).
• That we would not look for immediate results but trust that God is writing the story of the people we will meet. Whether it’s a seed planted on rocky or fertile soil, that we would be faithful to do the work God has called us to do.
• We acknowledge our confidence in the Lord, knowing that what is impossible with men is possible with Him (Luke 18:22-27).
• For God to be glorified by our team’s time in Ethiopia.
• Specific requests: That we would be diligent in preparing and studying the scripture we need to know. That I (Elizabeth) will not try to “perfect” learning all the parables but would allow God to release me from my perfectionism and control. That God would use our unique strengths to reach others.
Prayer Requests for the Ethiopians
• That their hearts would be open to meeting with us and allow us to share why we came to see them (Acts 26: 17-18, Colossians 4: 3-4).
• That God would help them hear His call on their life (Romans 11:29).
• That their hearts would be receptive to receive Christ and believe in His name (John 1:12).
Thank you for being in prayer for us and being such a critical part of our team.
- Elizabeth and Andrew Johnson

My hope and prayer is that the Lord would give me a greater heart to care for those that are less fortunate and for me to realize that the rest of the world does not live like we do in the US. I also pray that the Lord would use this trip to impact how we love and care for people here in America.
-Amit Nihalani

I pray for Christ to move in the hearts of this team, to be on mission when we are back in Dallas just as we are on mission in Ethiopia.
- Kevin Gober

Praying that we would see God’s glory and outpouring of his Holy Spirit and every knee would bow and every mouth proclaim that Jesus is Lord.
- Allen Hankins

My hope for the next two weeks is for the Lord to be made known, loved, glorified, and desired. May hearts be changed not only in the people we encounter, but in us as well, so that we may forever be a people that seeks to share the Good News and Truth of Christ!
- Laura Smith

No comments: