Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Encouraging Words

Good morning,
I had the opportunity to speak with Tim again last night and, while the team is being challenged of being without (luggage, clean clothes, water to shower, their personal items), they are in great spirits. It was 8:30AM local time in Burundi when he called and they were heading out to begin the day's work.

As I was reading this morning, I was encouraged and reminded of our Lord's faithfulness and goodness by David's song of praise to the Lord and found it to be a great source of praise and prayer for our team.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my sheild and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior - from violent men you save me.
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies


As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
For who is God besides the LORD?

And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my ways perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
Your give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great.
Your broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.

2 Samuel 22:2-4; 31-37

Have a blessed day!
Kelli Coblentz

No comments: